Friday, December 26, 2008

Approaches to public nudity

It's still cold and dark in Oslo, so I don't spend as much time being nude - especially not outdoors - as I would have liked to. Instead, I've been thinking of ways to order/categorize how I go about to be naked in public, and have come to the conclusion (so far) that there are usually three different approaches I take:

- the playful, "no worries" attitude
- the innocent, "naive"
- the confrontational

The clearest example of the first one is perhaps the yearly ritual in which the "russ" run naked through Norwegian city streets. It's the students who have finished high school who do this, and they get away with it partly because it's a tradition, but also because it's just for fun and nobody worries about it. Similarly, when I go for a jog in the forests around Oslo and see a lake, I don't hesitate to strip off and have a nice little dip in the water. Of course, I pick places in which I can be seen from the main path, but still nobody objects.

However, to be "naked" in busy streets, I go for the second approach. You can't credibly be "playfully" walking around naked among hundreds of people - but you can dress a bit "carelessly". One day in August this year, I saw that it would be rain, so I wore my nice, white trousers and - of course - nothing underneath. The trousers went just the right degree of transparent when wet - not enough to make it totally unbelieveable that I wouldn't notice, but enough for it to be quite a sensation...

Of course, the "innocent" approach is also what I do when I fall asleep on nude beaches and wake up with a boner. Nobody can really be upset about that, and quite often there are some guys nearby who takes an interest and wants to get to know me better...

And of course, when I'm naked in my apartment, not knowing that my curtains do not really hide me from passers-by in the street, that's also the "naive" or "innocent" effect. That's the one I'm using right now, sitting naked by my computer in the living room, with lights on inside and the dark night outside...

The "confrontational" is the more classical "exhibitionist" kind. I don't do that very often, as it carries the risk of being arrested and things like that. However, it can be quite effective. I remember that I stayed at a youth hostel once and the beautiful guy in the bed next to mine seemed quite interested. I was 98% sure that he wanted me, but as I had already gone to bed, I found no great way of getting to the action. Being "innocent" probably wouldn't have been enough, as he would not have had the courage to make the first move. So instead, I simply lifted up my cover to reveal my erect dick to him, while watching him intently.

This could, no doubt, have led to trouble. If I was wrong, he could have complained to the management, attacked me or something like that. In this case, however, I was right. He was clearly interested, so when I nodded in the direction of the bathroom door, he clearly agreed. So I put a towel around me (not wanting to show my erection to the rest of the people in the room) and went to the bathroom. He was with me within seconds, and he immediately came down on me and sucked me. Then we took turns sucking each other, and...

I notice that I'm drifting into an erotic story here. I guess I'll rather write the full story some other day - in this post, it was just meant as an example of the "confrontational" approach to nudity.

I'm sure there are more approaches - and of course, more examples of each... Feel free to use the comment option here...

2 comments:

LazyKing said...

cant wait for the story in the bathroom

el Shysh said...

You may want to know there are a couple of men who walk nude in Barcelona streets. Both are over their sixties and in reasonable good shape. One of them has a thong tattooed over his bottom and wears a Prince Albert piercing . Sometimes the police tell him he should wear some stuff but many other times he just walks by, leaving more than one head turned round. Salut!